Playa del Carmen to Cancun Schedule
|Transport Name||Route Time||Price|
|Daytrip Comfort 2pax||Any time||€ 108.15|
|Nexus Tours Mexico Shuttle||02:00 - 03:05||€ 21.96|
|ADO Business Class||04:15 - 05:30||$ 5.68|
|ADO Aeropuerto Primera||06:00 - 07:10||€ 12.57|
|ADO Aeropuerto Primera||09:20 - 10:30||€ 12.57|
|ADO First Class||11:10 - 12:20||$ 14.23|
|Nexus Tours Mexico Shuttle||13:00 - 14:05||€ 21.96|
|Coming2 Mexico Minivan||14:00 - 15:30||$ 20.40|
|ADO First Class||17:45 - 18:55||$ 5.80|
|Coming2 Mexico Minivan||19:00 - 20:30||$ 20.40|
|ADO First Class||21:25 - 22:35||$ 5.80|
|ADO Business Class||22:10 - 23:20||$ 5.68|
Transportation from Playa del Carmen to Cancun
- Buses $ 4.14
- Flights $ 267.35
- Taxis $ 46.63
Trains are not avaliable
Ferries are not avaliable
Playa del Carmen to Cancun Destination Reviews
will take every time i leave Cancun airport
Bus First Class, ADO, Jun 2, 2022
our driver alejandro was very nice !!!
Van Shuttle, Nexus Tours Mexico, Feb 25, 2022
Nice experience. Driver came an hour early though which was 4am instead of 5am so I had to jump out of bed and hurry to get ready. No one at the office told him about the pickup change Time so not his fault
Van Shuttle, Nexus Tours Mexico, Oct 31, 2021
3 customer reviews
From Playa del Carmen
- Playa del Carmen → Cozumel
- Playa del Carmen → Tulum
- Playa del Carmen → Chichen Itza
- Playa del Carmen → Cancun Airport
- Playa del Carmen → Isla Mujeres
To Playa del Carmen
- Cancun → Playa del Carmen
- Cancun Airport → Playa del Carmen
- Cozumel → Playa del Carmen
- Tulum → Playa del Carmen
- Mexico City → Playa del Carmen
- Cancun → Tulum
- Cancun → Playa del Carmen
- Cancun → Cozumel
- Cancun → Mexico City
- Cancun → Isla Mujeres
- Mexico City → Cancun
- Chichen Itza → Cancun
- Tulum → Cancun
- Cozumel → Cancun
- Tijuana → Cancun
- Cancun Airport → Tulum
- Mexico City → Oaxaca
- Mexico City → San Miguel de Allende
- Tijuana → Mexico City
- Cancun → Merida Yucatan
How to get from Playa del Carmen to Cancun
When you want to get from Playa del Carmen to Cancun, you have a few options to consider. Traveling between these destinations is possible by different means of transport:
If you’re looking for a quick trip, it’s recommended that you use Van. However, if you’d rather take your time with a slower, more affordable travel option, you can book a Flight ticket.
The cost of travel will depend on the means of transport you choose for your trip. A flight ticket is the most expensive option - it will cost you about USD 275.28. If you want to save on transportation, it’s better to take a bus as a bus ticket costs as low as USD 4.33.
How far is Playa del Carmen from Cancun?
If you’re traveling by land, it’s important to know the distance from Playa del Carmen to Cancun. Your trip will be a total of 33 miles (53 km). The flying distance is 32 miles (50 km).
How long does it take to get from Playa del Carmen to Cancun?
The travel time from Playa del Carmen to Cancun can vary depending on the mode of transportation you choose. All things considered, the whole journey should take from 1 to 27 hours.
How much does it cost to get from Playa del Carmen to Cancun?
The cost of the trip from Playa del Carmen to Cancun varies according to what means of transport you choose for your journey. The most affordable operator is Autobuses Unidos: travelling by bus expect to pay as low as USD 4.33 for your ticket.
However, if you’re after more upscale travel . The most expensive variant is to opt for a flight - a one-way flight ticket can cost as much as USD 275.28.
Here is a chart of the average ticket prices and transportation options available from Playa del Carmen to Cancun:
- Bus tickets - USD 4.14 to USD 13.47;
- Van price : USD 14.51 - USD 34.20;
- Plane tickets - USD 267.35 to USD 275.63;
You can order a taxi, too - an estimated cost of the ride is from USD 46.63 to USD 141.96.
How many trips per day are there between Playa del Carmen and Cancun?
Depending on your choice of transportation, the number of daily trips varies.
- Buses start plying the route from 03:00 - you can also take a bus as late as 23:30. There are 137 available bus trips every day.
- Vans from Playa del Carmen to Cancun depart during the day - there are approximately 108 departures a day.
- Taxis are a good option to consider for this route, too. Book a cab to take you from Playa del Carmen to Cancun any time of the day.
Which means of transport is the best for the route?
Traveling by plane is the fastest way to get from Playa del Carmen to Cancun. While it’s often the most expensive option, tool, occasionally you can grab promotional tickets for more or less the price of a train or a ferry ticket. Normally, the minimum you need to pay for a Plane ticket is USD 267.35.
Things to remember before boarding a plane:
- It’s recommended to book a ticket in advance and check-in online. This way, you can save over 2 hours at the airport, and if your seat selection is on a first come first served basis you will have more options to choose from.
- Getting through security checks may take some time - it’s recommended to get to the airport at least 1.5 hours in advance.
Airlines flying from Playa del Carmen to Cancun
Taking a bus from Playa del Carmen to Cancun is cheaper than flying. Quite often, a long-distance bus is the cheapest transportation option. Buses normally make bathroom and/or lunch stops along the way.
Things to remember before opting for a bus ride:
- If possible, make sure to choose higher-class buses for a more comfortable travel experience. Such buses often have an air conditioning system, soft reclining seats, Wi-Fi, bathrooms, etc.
- As with plane tickets, buses are better booked in advance so that you can secure a good seat.
- While booking a bus, keep in mind that delays are possible. Yet it still pays to get to the bus station at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Catching a cab is the easiest way to get from Playa del Carmen to Cancun. It allows you to tailor-make your trip, plan all the detours and see all the places you want. You can choose the type and the size of your car as well to be as comfortable as you'd like to.
Depending on the route, it might cost as much as USD 46.63.
Things to remember: It's a good idea to follow the route on Google Maps or any other GPS navigator.
A shared van is another means of transport for traveling from Playa del Carmen to Cancun. As far as travel time is concerned, it’s basically equal to a taxi ride, while price-wise it’s way more affordable. The majority of tourists book a van online in advance.
Sometimes, when trains or buses aren’t available, a van is your only way to get from Playa del Carmen to Cancun.
Things to remember: while traveling by van, you might not have as much space for luggage as you would on a train or a plane. It’s a good idea to pack only the most useful things for a van trip and put them in a backpack that will be easy to carry around.
The most popular transport from Playa del Carmen to Cancun
How to choose the most convenient way of travel from Playa del Carmen to Cancun? In order to make your choice of transportation easier, we asked 1000 users to range their preferences for this route. Here are the results of the poll:
- 100% decided to go for a bus.
- Mexico 🎫
- Playa del Carmen